Anastasia Beverly Hills is one of the most coveted brands on the market. After taking the beauty world by storm with innovative brow products, which arguably started a trend, Anastasia preceded to release a series of amazing lipsticks and palettes. Among these palettes are their […]
I’ve finally fallen in love with liquid lipstick. For a long time, I couldn’t get on the bandwagon for this trend because I found liquid lipstick so drying. These days, I can’t get enough of these long-wearing lipsticks. They apply so nicely, and I love that I can wear them alone for an ultra-matte look or with gloss. Here are 5 nude liquid lipsticks for summer, with great colors and great formulas.
- Tarte Creamy Matte Lip Paint “Namaste” – While this liquid lipstick isn’t transfer proof, it is somehow matte and moisturizing. The color of this lipstick is beautiful; a barely there nude with a tinge of pink, at once both sweet and sexy.
- Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip “Likely” – I don’t love Colourpop’s Ultra Matte Lip formula, but the Ultra Satin Lips are fabulous. They’re matte and they don’t dry my lips out, and they don’t crack. This color is a gorgeous peachy nude, and I’ve been wearing it nearly nonstop!
- Too Faced Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick “Sugar” – Another lipstick that doesn’t dry down, but sits matte on the lip, this is a pretty true nude. I like wearing it on my own because I’m so fair, but it’s also a beautiful highlight in the middle of the lip.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick “Caramello” – This liquid lipstick is totally matte and transfer proof, but it doesn’t make my lips feel dry. In fact, it doesn’t really feel like lipstick at all. This color is a little more of a brown-nude, which makes it pretty for medium skin tones as well as fair skin tones like mine.
- Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit “Nudist Peach” – I love this peachy nude, especially with a shimmery gloss. While not all of the Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit lipsticks are equal (for instance, “Oh My Dolly” always cracks on my lips) but this shade is darling. It takes a few coats of total opacity, but it wears for a long time and feels super lightweight on the lips.
These liquid lipsticks are comfortable and long wearing. They all have different undertones, but they are definitely warm-weather nudes (though I would wear them all year round!)
What are your favorite liquid lipsticks for summer? Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Bloglovin’ and come back again soon!
Face: LA Girl Pro Coverage foundation mixed with NARS All Day Luminous Foundation elf Finishing Powder Jane Iredale Mineral Powder in Suntan Pixi Contour Powder NARS Orgasm blush Jeffree Star Cosmetics Princess Cut highlight Eyes: Eyes: L’Oreal Silkissime eyeliner in Cobalt Jeffree Star Androgyny palette Buxom […]
Fiona Davis’s first novel, The Dollhouse, weaves together two stories: the story of Darby, an aspiring secretary, and Rose, a journalist who becomes obsessed with Darby’s mysterious past. Davis links these two women and their respective experiences of New York City, portraying both the glamorous world of models and businesswomen and the seedy world of jazz clubs and drug hustlers.
Legend has it, Darby was involved in a tussle on the top of the famous Barbizon Hotel. Darby was left scarred, but a maid fell to her death. When Rose, living with her boyfriend in the refurbished Barbizon, catches a glimpse of Darby, she is immediately intrigued. Interest turns to obsession, as Rose’s personal life deteriorates, her fascination with Darby increases. Rose plays detective, sleuthing to discover the truth about Darby’s disfigurement and the maid’s death. Rose’s fixation on Darby becomes an outlet for the anguish she is feeling. In The Dollhouse, Davis explores not only a compelling mystery, but also the complicated grieving process, and how we survive when we hit rock bottom.
I liked this book for its variety. It is part drama, part love story, part historical fiction, part suspense. It defied my expectations by highlighting a facet of New York life that is not always noted in 1950s period pieces. Even though it isn’t the best book that I have read this summer, I looked forward to reading it at the end of my day, and I think it is a good beach read, especially for somebody who loves novels set in New York.
What are you reading this summer? Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’ on Instagram, and stop by again soon!
No7 Lift and Luminate Foundation has become my summer makeup obsession. No7 (sometimes called Boots) is a UK-based drugstore beauty brand that has recently become available in the USA. If you keep your eyes peeled, sometimes you can find a Target, Ulta, or Walgreens with […]
One of the most interesting and unique books I’ve read all year is Face Paint: The Story of Makeup by Lisa Eldridge. Tracking down information on makeup history can be challenging. I’ve managed to read a little about it over the years. Sometimes, I can […]
Colourpop Lo Key Palette and Cloud Nine eyeshadow
Mac Cosmetics Carbon eyeshadow
Urban Decay All Nighter Eyeliner
Buxom mascara topped with Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade and Clear Brow Gel, Pixi Contour Powder
MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation, Pro Emphasize Powder, and Harmony blush
Tarte Double Duty Beauty Powder, Shape Tape Concealer, Vibrant Blush, and Stunner highlight
CoverFX Sunkissed Bronzer
I can’t remember my lipstick, but I think it was Anastasia Beverly Hills Pure Hollywood, which is probably my favorite nude of all time!