When you’re pale, it can be hard to find the perfect contouring shade. I find this is especially true with powder products. If a powder product is a little too warm, I look orange; a little too cool-toned and I look muddy. It’s easy to end up looking like you have dirt on your face, when you were trying to look sculpted. While I’ve had my bad days with different contour products, I’ve managed to find these 8 contour products for fair skin.
- Tarte “Chisel”: This shade, found in the Pro Glow to Go palette, is probably my favorite contour shade ever. It is warm-toned, but it still looks natural, and the formula is so buttery and smooth. I wish it came in an individual pan!
- Becca Lowlight Sculpting Perfector: Another super flattering color, this cream product blends out like a dream for a your-cheekbones-but-better look.
- NYX Blush in Taupe: It took me a little while to figure out how to use this blush, which is best suited for the palest of pale skin. Sometimes I even had to pair it with a bronzer to warm it up to suit my complexion! This blush is truly taupe, but it creates a shadow that looks like, well, a shadow– not makeup. It’s the best contouring product I’ve found from the drugstore.
- Hoola Bronzer: Depending on how pale you are, you could even go for Hoola Lite. But I find that this neutral bronzer creates a lovely contour. It isn’t too cool toned, but there isn’t even a hint of orange in this powder. I prefer it to contour rather than to bronze, but it definitely warms up your skin without looking too fake.
- Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer: This matte bronzer is such a beautiful contour shade. It gives my skin a bit of warmth, while sculpting. I find that it is especially buildable and bendable.
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette: These powders aren’t all suitable for fair skin, but the first two colors (Sombre and Shadowplay) are lovely. These powders are very pigmented, so a little goes a long way! As a bonus, the packaging is beautiful.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit: While the colors in the powder kit didn’t appeal to me, I quite like the colors in the lightest of the contour kits (Fair). There are several highlighter shades, and three great contour shades. I can even use the darkest of the shades on special occasions!
- MAC blush in “Harmony”: I’ve only just started to use this product, but it is beautiful so far. The formula is very bendable and buildable, and it gives a natural but beautiful contour.
What are your favorite contouring products? Be sure to subscribe and follow me on Bloglovin’!