The Rimmel Stay Matte Primer isn’t new on the scene. In fact, it’s a bit of a drugstore classic. The entire Rimmel Stay Matte line is generally respected (the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, which I have never tried, is a staple for many people). I […]
Tag: beauty tips
Tarte is one of my favorite makeup brands (in case you haven’t noticed). I picked up the Tarte Double Duty Beauty Confidence Creamy Powder Foundation over a year ago, and I’ve been using it consistently ever since. At first, I was just so-so on this foundation. I’m not much of a powder foundation person; even though I like the mattifying finish, and that there’s just less makeup in general, I prefer the even-ness in my skin that it seems only a liquid or cream formula can provide. However, I really fell in love with this foundation when I started to use it as a setting powder.
When I’m wearing a luxury foundation, I find it hard to reach for a drugstore powder, even though I tend to use basic setting powders most of the time. I’ve been pairing the Tarte Double Duty Beauty Confidence Creamy Powder Foundation with the likes of Dior’s Diorskin Forever Foundation. I like that the Tarte powder is somehow both hydrating and mattifying, which makes sense because it is supposedly formulated with skincare benefits. I’m getting more and more into skincare with each passing day (I won’t be 22 forever, you know) and I love when makeup actually benefits your skin.
The Tarte Double Duty Beauty Confidence Creamy Powder Foundation claims to be medium-to-full coverage. I don’t think this is true, because there’s no way I could build this powder up to a full-coverage finish without looking like I was totally covered with cake. That being said, as a setting powder it is totally creamy and not cakey. It just melts into my foundation, adding a little extra coverage and plenty of staying powder. I recently hit pan on this powder, and while I’m usually feel accomplished when I finish a product, I know I’m going to be sad when I’m done with this one!
The Tarte Double Duty Beauty Confidence Creamy Powder Foundation could easily be my holy grail setting powder to date. Of course, there are more affordable formulas that I like, but this one is just oh-so-creamy. Plus, it’s gentle on my skin, because Tarte’s products are formulated with top-notch natural ingredients. I know I really sound like I’m selling this one, but I can’t help it! I love it.
Be sure to subscribe via Bloglovin’ and come back soon! Check out my Instagram, @ashcake13. Thanks for reading!
Face Jane Iredale Pommist MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Fluid Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer Wet n Wild Photo Focus Powder Milani Baked Bronzer in Dolce NARS Orgasm blush Becca Cosmetics Rose Gold Shimmering Skin Perfector Eyes: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow […]
Setting sprays and facial sprays are among my not-so-guilty pleasures in life. And the Jane Iredale Pommist is fabulous, because it’s sort of a facial spray and a setting spray at the same time. While I don’t think it prolongs makeup wear, it definitely improves the overall look of my makeup. It makes powder look dewy and fresh, like a glamorous second skin. I love the fresh smell and the hydrated feeling it gives my skin.
According to the website, the Jane Iredale Pommist is a “facial spritz with the added benefit of Pomegranate Extract, a powerful antioxidant and UV protector.” The Pommist does make my skin feel hydrated, even with makeup. I’ve never tried using it as skin care on its own. Generally speaking, I use the Pommist as a primer. It’s supposed to “conceal pores and fine lines.” While I don’t have large pores or many fine lines, I do think that it provided a good base for my makeup. My skin felt hydrated and fresh, and my makeup applies beautifully and lasted all day. I like using priming sprays to set my makeup, because it helps me prime without adding heaviness.
The one con of this spray is that the mist isn’t as fine as I would like. It isn’t chunky or blotchy, exactly, but sometimes the droplets are a little thicker than I would like. All in all, I like this spray a lot, especially for summer. It reminds me a little of MAC Fix+, but it smells like apples and it’s all natural.
What do you think of Jane Iredale’s products? I have only tried two things, but so far I’m impressed. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Bloglovin’ and come back soon!
I love a good drugstore concealer. I tend to be a little heavy-handed with my concealer (both in terms of application and my never-ending desire to purchase just one more concealer) so a budget buy is something I love discovering. The Wet n Wild Photo […]
I’ve finally fallen in love with liquid lipstick. For a long time, I couldn’t get on the bandwagon for this trend because I found liquid lipstick so drying. These days, I can’t get enough of these long-wearing lipsticks. They apply so nicely, and I love that I can wear them alone for an ultra-matte look or with gloss. Here are 5 nude liquid lipsticks for summer, with great colors and great formulas.
- Tarte Creamy Matte Lip Paint “Namaste” – While this liquid lipstick isn’t transfer proof, it is somehow matte and moisturizing. The color of this lipstick is beautiful; a barely there nude with a tinge of pink, at once both sweet and sexy.
- Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip “Likely” – I don’t love Colourpop’s Ultra Matte Lip formula, but the Ultra Satin Lips are fabulous. They’re matte and they don’t dry my lips out, and they don’t crack. This color is a gorgeous peachy nude, and I’ve been wearing it nearly nonstop!
- Too Faced Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick “Sugar” – Another lipstick that doesn’t dry down, but sits matte on the lip, this is a pretty true nude. I like wearing it on my own because I’m so fair, but it’s also a beautiful highlight in the middle of the lip.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick “Caramello” – This liquid lipstick is totally matte and transfer proof, but it doesn’t make my lips feel dry. In fact, it doesn’t really feel like lipstick at all. This color is a little more of a brown-nude, which makes it pretty for medium skin tones as well as fair skin tones like mine.
- Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit “Nudist Peach” – I love this peachy nude, especially with a shimmery gloss. While not all of the Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit lipsticks are equal (for instance, “Oh My Dolly” always cracks on my lips) but this shade is darling. It takes a few coats of total opacity, but it wears for a long time and feels super lightweight on the lips.
These liquid lipsticks are comfortable and long wearing. They all have different undertones, but they are definitely warm-weather nudes (though I would wear them all year round!)
What are your favorite liquid lipsticks for summer? Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Bloglovin’ and come back again soon!
Face: LA Girl Pro Coverage foundation mixed with NARS All Day Luminous Foundation elf Finishing Powder Jane Iredale Mineral Powder in Suntan Pixi Contour Powder NARS Orgasm blush Jeffree Star Cosmetics Princess Cut highlight Eyes: Eyes: L’Oreal Silkissime eyeliner in Cobalt Jeffree Star Androgyny palette Buxom […]