I’ve developed a foundation addiction. High end or drugstore, matte or dewy, cream or liquid: I love it all. There’s a certain satisfaction to having a perfect canvas, especially when it lasts all day. I’m also a sucker for foundation packaging, and I am a […]
I’ve finally fallen in love with liquid lipstick. For a long time, I couldn’t get on the bandwagon for this trend because I found liquid lipstick so drying. These days, I can’t get enough of these long-wearing lipsticks. They apply so nicely, and I love that I can wear them alone for an ultra-matte look or with gloss. Here are 5 nude liquid lipsticks for summer, with great colors and great formulas.
- Tarte Creamy Matte Lip Paint “Namaste” – While this liquid lipstick isn’t transfer proof, it is somehow matte and moisturizing. The color of this lipstick is beautiful; a barely there nude with a tinge of pink, at once both sweet and sexy.
- Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip “Likely” – I don’t love Colourpop’s Ultra Matte Lip formula, but the Ultra Satin Lips are fabulous. They’re matte and they don’t dry my lips out, and they don’t crack. This color is a gorgeous peachy nude, and I’ve been wearing it nearly nonstop!
- Too Faced Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick “Sugar” – Another lipstick that doesn’t dry down, but sits matte on the lip, this is a pretty true nude. I like wearing it on my own because I’m so fair, but it’s also a beautiful highlight in the middle of the lip.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick “Caramello” – This liquid lipstick is totally matte and transfer proof, but it doesn’t make my lips feel dry. In fact, it doesn’t really feel like lipstick at all. This color is a little more of a brown-nude, which makes it pretty for medium skin tones as well as fair skin tones like mine.
- Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit “Nudist Peach” – I love this peachy nude, especially with a shimmery gloss. While not all of the Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit lipsticks are equal (for instance, “Oh My Dolly” always cracks on my lips) but this shade is darling. It takes a few coats of total opacity, but it wears for a long time and feels super lightweight on the lips.
These liquid lipsticks are comfortable and long wearing. They all have different undertones, but they are definitely warm-weather nudes (though I would wear them all year round!)
What are your favorite liquid lipsticks for summer? Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Bloglovin’ and come back again soon!
Face: LA Girl Pro Coverage foundation mixed with NARS All Day Luminous Foundation elf Finishing Powder Jane Iredale Mineral Powder in Suntan Pixi Contour Powder NARS Orgasm blush Jeffree Star Cosmetics Princess Cut highlight Eyes: Eyes: L’Oreal Silkissime eyeliner in Cobalt Jeffree Star Androgyny palette Buxom […]
Eyes: Colourpop Lo Key Palette and Cloud Nine eyeshadow Mac Cosmetics Carbon eyeshadow Urban Decay All Nighter Eyeliner Buxom mascara topped with Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade and Clear Brow Gel, Pixi Contour Powder Face: MAC Studio […]
I love lip liner, and I always have (even before Kylie Jenner made re-popularized it). The secret to my everlasting red lip, the first makeup look I claimed as my own, was layering lip liner beneath my lipstick. I still swear by this technique.
Whether I use lip liner to define my lips, make them appear larger, or enhance the color, it’s a staple in my makeup drawer. Lip pencil can be worn alone, because it lasts a long time (and it’s generally matte). I also like wearing lip pencil under lip gloss, because I think it creates a more polished look overall.
My favorite lip liners are the NYX lip pencils (I usually opt for the original slim lip pencil or the suede lip pencils) and the MAC lip liners (classic & fabulous). I also like the Huda Beauty Lip Contours, which are creamy but long-lasting. The MAC lip pencils in particular come in a variety of colors. I generally like to match my lip pencil and the lipstick or gloss I pair it with.
What are your favorite lip products? Be sure to subscribe and follow me on Bloglovin’ and Instagram!
I have tried a lot of eyeshadow over the years: Morphe, MAC, Makeup Geek, L’Oreal, Urban Decay, Tarte, and much more. I’m an eyeshadow connaisseur, and while I like a lot of formulas, I have to say that the Colourpop Pressed Powder Shadows really knocked it […]
The LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Long Wear Illuminating Foundation makes a lot of claims, even just in the name. At just $9.00, the LA Girl foundation comes at a price everybody can afford. The LA Girl Pro Concealers, from the same line, were very […]
I adore mascara. Whether my makeup look is subtle or glamorous, nothing polishes it off like mascara. I’ve never liked false lashes (they’re just too heavy and uncomfortable for me) and because my lashes are long already, I find that mascara flatters my eyes. There are three things I look for in my mascara: length, volume, and a deep black color. Now, black-brown mascara can be flattering on certain complexions, and colored mascara has its time and place. But I love a mascara that separates my lashes, making them dark, long, and thick. Is that so much to ask?
The Buxom mascara is my favorite mascara to date. Just a few coats and my eyelashes are bold and beautiful. I can build it up to nearly false-lash level. The rubber wand separates my lashes beautifully, and the hourglass shape works wonders to provide volume and length. I adore this mascara.
The Too Faced mascara is similar; I’ve actually only used the Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof mascara (I’ll try the non-waterproof formula soon). This mascara has a similar wand to the Buxom mascara, but the Too Faced mascara has fiber bristles. I find that I generally prefer rubber bristles, but honestly these fiber bristles are great, too. This mascara stays in place through tears, and it gives you lush lashes.
The Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye mascara took me by surprise; my mother gave me this because she didn’t like it for herself, as she prefers a brown mascara and the Bobbi Brown Smokey eye mascara is very black. Of course, I loved the dark charcoal hue. The wand on this mascara is precise, but it is also incredibly buildable. I love that this wand is small enough to coat every lower lash. I wore this mascara last night, and my sister asked if I was wearing false lashes. You can build this mascara up to intense length and volume.
I feel like I’m drowning in amazing mascara, but I have to say– I love it! What are your favorite mascaras? I enjoy trying new mascaras. Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’ and Instagram.
Makeup setting sprays are a holy grail product, in terms of making your makeup last all day (or all night). Nothing keeps my makeup on like a setting spray, and I’ve even gotten my mother and sister addicted. There are many different types of sprays […]