The Tarte Pro Glow to Go Palette was a gift from my sister, and it’s been rocking my world. This little palette is perfect for me, because it is travel sized (but has a really nice mirror) and has perfect shades for fair skin tones. It […]
Tag: best makeup
I’m just a girl on the hunt for her perfect foundation, and for the past few months my go-to has been the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation. NARS is one of my favorite luxury brands, and their products both high quality and sleek. I […]
Many drugstore brands manufacture concealers, but Maybelline seems to dominate the drugstore concealer playing field. The Fit Me and Age Rewind concealers are popular among internet beauty obsessives, and I have to say, I’m on the Maybelline concealer bandwagon. I’ve sampled three of their formulas: Fit Me, Age Rewind, and Better Skin, but which Maybelline concealer is best?
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: This concealer is popular in the beauty community, which means it will probably show up in your Instagram feed or on Youtube if you consume enough makeup media. However, I have to say it isn’t my number one. It is creamy and medium coverage, but it will crease if you don’t set it. My eyes are sensitive, and sometimes if they are irritated from allergies or rubbing, this concealer will irritate them even more. I also don’t love the shade selection. I have the shade “Light,” but it isn’t as brightening as I like my concealer to be. I like that the Fit Me has shades for fair to deep skin tones, but only 7 options seems inadequate to cover the wide range of skin tones that exist in the world.
Maybelline Better Skin Concealer: This was just meh for me: not bad, but not great. I found it to be drying, especially if you didn’t blend it in quickly. It could occasionally get cake on me, and I didn’t notice any skin-improving effects (despite the product’s claims). It wasn’t bad, but I wouldn’t repurchase this concealer.
And the winner is . . .
Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer: As far as drugstore concealers go, this is the best I’ve tried to date. It is creamy, and I like the colors (though I admit the shade selection caters to light skin tones). The product dispenser is a no-fuss twist top, and I appreciate how easy it is to use this concealer. I find the Maybelline Age Rewind to be more comfortable than the other Maybelline concealers. The Maybelline Age Rewind concealer gets a lot of press, and with good reason. It is a medium coverage concealer with a great formula and an affordable price.
What are your favorite drugstore concealers? Which Maybelline concealer do you prefer? Be sure to comment and follow me on Bloglovin’ and Instagram!
Whether or not you are on a budget, the drugstore has some great products to offer. I’m a big fan of the beauty section at Target, as well as the beauty section at Ulta. I’ve tried a lot of drugstore products over the years, and these are my absolute favorites. These are products that don’t just stand out as better than the drugstore—they’re products that I like as much as products from more luxurious brands. That’s why I consider them the best beauty buys from the drugstore.
- Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer: I use this bronzer all the time. It is buttery smooth, and it smells like endless summer. If that isn’t enough to win you over, it is a great shade for fair skin tones like mine. It gives me natural warmth without making me look orange. It comes in two shades, and I have the lighter of the two. This matte bronzer can be used to warm your face, or for a soft contour. It is one of my favorite bronzers, period.
- Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water: This is an essential part of my routine. It is my favorite makeup remover of all time, and it is great for correcting eyeliner/mascara mistakes. I sometimes use it alone as a facial cleanser, particularly on mornings when my skin is feeling dry. Just pour a little on a cotton pad, wipe it on your face, and ta da! Clean skin.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara: This mascara is the blackest black, and it makes your lashes long and beautiful. I don’t use this mascara anymore because it made my sensitive eyes itch, but it was a go-to for years. The L’Oreal Voluminous mascara is a drugstore classic.
- NYX Slim Lip Pencils: I wrote about these lip liners in another post, and I stand by my assertion that they are the best lip liners under $5. They’re inexpensive, long-wearing, and creamy. I love the array of colors—I have peekaboo neutral, mauve, and espresso.
- Nivea Creme: This might be my favorite body moisturizer of all time. I’ve gone through a lot of different lotions (drugstore and luxury, scented and unscented) as well as body oils, but this is hands down my favorite. It is thick and creamy, with a light and fresh scent. It makes my skin feel super moisturized, even my dry hands.
- Maybelline MasterPrecise Eyeliner: This eyeliner pen is great for creating winged liner. I love the ultra-fine tip, and because liquid liners usually dry out, it’s nice to have one that doesn’t cost $25 to replace every three months.
- Garnier Clearly Brighter Anti-Puff Eyeroller: I know I’ve read about this in at least one fashion magazine, and I can say that I love it myself. The product helps to de-puff the sensitive skin under my eyes. The metal tip always stays cold, which makes it even more soothing on my puffy morning eyes (plus the cold helps to decrease puffiness). I like using it in the morning before I apply my makeup to make my eyes appear open and bright.
- e.l.f. HD Under Eye Setting Powder: In a battle against the Laura Mercier Translucent powder, this won by a landslide. This fine-milled powder feels light and comfortable on my eyes. I’m not sure how this would work if you wanted to use it for “baking,” but for setting your concealer it is excellent.
- Simple Micellar Wipes: I don’t like Simple Micellar Water as much as Garnier Micellar Water, but I love the Simple Micellar wipes. These wipes are gentle and easy to use on-the-go or after a late night.
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil: I like that I can use this pencil as a base for a smokey eye, or as an eyeliner. I especially like using it on my waterline because it is creamy and easy to apply.
- Aquaphor: This has been a staple for me for as long as I can remember. Aquaphor is like a souped-up version of Vaseline; it keeps my lips soft better than any lip balm.
March was a great month (Spring Break, warm weather, Easter, what’s not to like?) Over the past month, there are a few products that have stood out as exceptional and unique. First of all, I’ve been loving the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer. This concealer gets […]