Mauve is arguably the most underrated lip color. It’s not quite nude, but it isn’t bold either, and it’s especially perfect for the winter months. I love the plummy undertones in these lipsticks, which are often marketed as “dusty rose” or “soft lilac.” Of course, […]
Tag: liquid lipstick
The Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks have been in the liquid lipstick game since the very beginning. Almost every brand has a liquid lipstick formula now, but a few years ago Still was one of the only liquid lipsticks I can remember seeing on […]
I’ve finally fallen in love with liquid lipstick. For a long time, I couldn’t get on the bandwagon for this trend because I found liquid lipstick so drying. These days, I can’t get enough of these long-wearing lipsticks. They apply so nicely, and I love that I can wear them alone for an ultra-matte look or with gloss. Here are 5 nude liquid lipsticks for summer, with great colors and great formulas.
- Tarte Creamy Matte Lip Paint “Namaste” – While this liquid lipstick isn’t transfer proof, it is somehow matte and moisturizing. The color of this lipstick is beautiful; a barely there nude with a tinge of pink, at once both sweet and sexy.
- Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip “Likely” – I don’t love Colourpop’s Ultra Matte Lip formula, but the Ultra Satin Lips are fabulous. They’re matte and they don’t dry my lips out, and they don’t crack. This color is a gorgeous peachy nude, and I’ve been wearing it nearly nonstop!
- Too Faced Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick “Sugar” – Another lipstick that doesn’t dry down, but sits matte on the lip, this is a pretty true nude. I like wearing it on my own because I’m so fair, but it’s also a beautiful highlight in the middle of the lip.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick “Caramello” – This liquid lipstick is totally matte and transfer proof, but it doesn’t make my lips feel dry. In fact, it doesn’t really feel like lipstick at all. This color is a little more of a brown-nude, which makes it pretty for medium skin tones as well as fair skin tones like mine.
- Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit “Nudist Peach” – I love this peachy nude, especially with a shimmery gloss. While not all of the Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit lipsticks are equal (for instance, “Oh My Dolly” always cracks on my lips) but this shade is darling. It takes a few coats of total opacity, but it wears for a long time and feels super lightweight on the lips.
These liquid lipsticks are comfortable and long wearing. They all have different undertones, but they are definitely warm-weather nudes (though I would wear them all year round!)
What are your favorite liquid lipsticks for summer? Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Bloglovin’ and come back again soon!
I’ve finally started to like liquid lipsticks; my initial experiences with liquid lipsticks, especially those that dry matte, were rather unfortunate. I once thought that liquid lipsticks were nothing more than a dry, crumbly mess, but I have come to like liquid lippies. While the […]
It seems like just yesterday there was only one type of lipstick on the market. Then suddenly, liquid lipsticks took the world by storm. Most every line has some type of liquid lipstick now, but I have yet to find one I really love. Sometimes, liquid […]