Fish love the water, birds love the sky, and I love pink. Some things just come naturally. Everybody who knows me knows that this is an undeniable fact. I liked millennial pink back when it was just called “pink,” and once I sported a fuchsia […]
Tag: makeup tutorials
I’ve finally fallen in love with liquid lipstick. For a long time, I couldn’t get on the bandwagon for this trend because I found liquid lipstick so drying. These days, I can’t get enough of these long-wearing lipsticks. They apply so nicely, and I love that I can wear them alone for an ultra-matte look or with gloss. Here are 5 nude liquid lipsticks for summer, with great colors and great formulas.
- Tarte Creamy Matte Lip Paint “Namaste” – While this liquid lipstick isn’t transfer proof, it is somehow matte and moisturizing. The color of this lipstick is beautiful; a barely there nude with a tinge of pink, at once both sweet and sexy.
- Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip “Likely” – I don’t love Colourpop’s Ultra Matte Lip formula, but the Ultra Satin Lips are fabulous. They’re matte and they don’t dry my lips out, and they don’t crack. This color is a gorgeous peachy nude, and I’ve been wearing it nearly nonstop!
- Too Faced Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick “Sugar” – Another lipstick that doesn’t dry down, but sits matte on the lip, this is a pretty true nude. I like wearing it on my own because I’m so fair, but it’s also a beautiful highlight in the middle of the lip.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick “Caramello” – This liquid lipstick is totally matte and transfer proof, but it doesn’t make my lips feel dry. In fact, it doesn’t really feel like lipstick at all. This color is a little more of a brown-nude, which makes it pretty for medium skin tones as well as fair skin tones like mine.
- Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit “Nudist Peach” – I love this peachy nude, especially with a shimmery gloss. While not all of the Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit lipsticks are equal (for instance, “Oh My Dolly” always cracks on my lips) but this shade is darling. It takes a few coats of total opacity, but it wears for a long time and feels super lightweight on the lips.
These liquid lipsticks are comfortable and long wearing. They all have different undertones, but they are definitely warm-weather nudes (though I would wear them all year round!)
What are your favorite liquid lipsticks for summer? Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Bloglovin’ and come back again soon!
Face: Maybelline Baby Skin Primer, Fit Me Concealer, Age Rewind Concealer Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation NYX Cosmetics Cream Contour Kit bareMinerals Mineral Veil Physicians Formula Color Corrector Makeup Forever Pro Light Fusion Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette Tarte Blushing Bride blush Brows: Colourpop Brow Pot in Dope […]
With each passing day, winter is further behind us. The changing season requires a few changes to your makeup bag, like a darker shade of foundation for those of us who get tan. Summer makeup is all about a natural, radiant complexion. Here are my tips and tricks for re-vamping your makeup bag for summer.
- BB Cream/Tinted Moisturizer: Lazy days and summer heat call for a tinted moisturizer or BB cream (these two products are similar, whichever you prefer will work. I like the Neutrogena BB Cream and the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream). BB creams and tinted moisturizers lie somewhere between foundation and SPF: they are lightweight, they usually provide SPF, and they even your skin tone with light coverage. Add concealer, blush, and bronzer and you have a full summer face, or wear alone for a day at the beach. Either way, a BB cream or tinted moisturizer will feel fresh and lightweight in heat and humidity.
- Cream Blush: Instead of caking on powder, I like cream formulas in the summer months. Dab a little on your cheeks right on from the applicator with products like the Tarte Cheek Stains, blend with your fingers and you are good to go. A rosy glow is good for all seasons, and pinks and corals are great for a summer flush.
- Lip Gloss: ‘Tis the season for glossy lips. So back away from those matte plum lipsticks! Swipe on a gloss to amplify your natural lips for an easy summer kiss. I recommend priming your lips with chapstick before you gloss, though, to protect your lips from the sun. I love the Buxom lip polishes.
- Highlight: I advocate for highlighters all year round, because I always enjoy a nice glow. However, glowing skin is even more important for summer looks. Keeping with a cream formula like Benefit Watt’s Up! will maintain an extra dewy look, but a smooth powder formula like the Balm’s Mary Lou-Manizer will be just as beautiful.
- Bronzer: Bronzers are so versatile: they can be used as an eyeshadow, to contour, or simply to warm up your complexion. Apply to your cheeks and your forehead, near the hairline, to add color to your face. I like Hoola by Benefit because it gives a flattering bronze without orange undertones.
- Mascara: An easy summer look isn’t complete without long lashes. For a natural and beautiful look, Benefit’s Roller Lash curls and lengthens, so your eyes will look wide open and your lashes will look long and dark.
e.l.f. cosmetics offers a variety of makeup products at a suspiciously low price. However, the brand has a decent reputation among beauty vloggers. I had given it a change in the past and was really unimpressed (their Matte Lip Color had a drying formula, which felt […]