I’ve developed a foundation addiction. High end or drugstore, matte or dewy, cream or liquid: I love it all. There’s a certain satisfaction to having a perfect canvas, especially when it lasts all day. I’m also a sucker for foundation packaging, and I am a […]
I’ve finally fallen in love with liquid lipstick. For a long time, I couldn’t get on the bandwagon for this trend because I found liquid lipstick so drying. These days, I can’t get enough of these long-wearing lipsticks. They apply so nicely, and I love that I can wear them alone for an ultra-matte look or with gloss. Here are 5 nude liquid lipsticks for summer, with great colors and great formulas.
- Tarte Creamy Matte Lip Paint “Namaste” – While this liquid lipstick isn’t transfer proof, it is somehow matte and moisturizing. The color of this lipstick is beautiful; a barely there nude with a tinge of pink, at once both sweet and sexy.
- Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip “Likely” – I don’t love Colourpop’s Ultra Matte Lip formula, but the Ultra Satin Lips are fabulous. They’re matte and they don’t dry my lips out, and they don’t crack. This color is a gorgeous peachy nude, and I’ve been wearing it nearly nonstop!
- Too Faced Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick “Sugar” – Another lipstick that doesn’t dry down, but sits matte on the lip, this is a pretty true nude. I like wearing it on my own because I’m so fair, but it’s also a beautiful highlight in the middle of the lip.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick “Caramello” – This liquid lipstick is totally matte and transfer proof, but it doesn’t make my lips feel dry. In fact, it doesn’t really feel like lipstick at all. This color is a little more of a brown-nude, which makes it pretty for medium skin tones as well as fair skin tones like mine.
- Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit “Nudist Peach” – I love this peachy nude, especially with a shimmery gloss. While not all of the Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit lipsticks are equal (for instance, “Oh My Dolly” always cracks on my lips) but this shade is darling. It takes a few coats of total opacity, but it wears for a long time and feels super lightweight on the lips.
These liquid lipsticks are comfortable and long wearing. They all have different undertones, but they are definitely warm-weather nudes (though I would wear them all year round!)
What are your favorite liquid lipsticks for summer? Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Bloglovin’ and come back again soon!
Face: LA Girl Pro Coverage foundation mixed with NARS All Day Luminous Foundation elf Finishing Powder Jane Iredale Mineral Powder in Suntan Pixi Contour Powder NARS Orgasm blush Jeffree Star Cosmetics Princess Cut highlight Eyes: Eyes: L’Oreal Silkissime eyeliner in Cobalt Jeffree Star Androgyny palette Buxom […]
No7 Lift and Luminate Foundation has become my summer makeup obsession. No7 (sometimes called Boots) is a UK-based drugstore beauty brand that has recently become available in the USA. If you keep your eyes peeled, sometimes you can find a Target, Ulta, or Walgreens with […]
Colourpop Lo Key Palette and Cloud Nine eyeshadow
Mac Cosmetics Carbon eyeshadow
Urban Decay All Nighter Eyeliner
Buxom mascara topped with Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade and Clear Brow Gel, Pixi Contour Powder
MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation, Pro Emphasize Powder, and Harmony blush
Tarte Double Duty Beauty Powder, Shape Tape Concealer, Vibrant Blush, and Stunner highlight
CoverFX Sunkissed Bronzer
I can’t remember my lipstick, but I think it was Anastasia Beverly Hills Pure Hollywood, which is probably my favorite nude of all time!
I have tried a lot of eyeshadow over the years: Morphe, MAC, Makeup Geek, L’Oreal, Urban Decay, Tarte, and much more. I’m an eyeshadow connaisseur, and while I like a lot of formulas, I have to say that the Colourpop Pressed Powder Shadows really knocked it […]
The LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Long Wear Illuminating Foundation makes a lot of claims, even just in the name. At just $9.00, the LA Girl foundation comes at a price everybody can afford. The LA Girl Pro Concealers, from the same line, were very popular a few years ago. I’ve never been able to find those concealers in my shade, but I really like the LA Girl Pro Coverage Foundation, especially for a drugstore formula.
I definitely consider this foundation full coverage; maybe a medium to full coverage, but it definitely gives you a full coverage finish. The product claims to be “illuminating,” and I do set it with a pressed powder. I would say it is a natural finish that falls on the side of illuminating. It isn’t too dewy, but it isn’t matte either. I think this is great because it makes it suitable for multiple skin types.
The only downside of this foundation for me is that the color I bought (Fair) was way too dark for me. I think Porcelain might work, and of course I could purchase the white foundation mixer available in the line to lighten the shade Fair to fit my skin tone. I usually just mix it with my NARS All Day Luminous Weightless foundation, which is a little light for me. If I repurchase this foundation, and I probably will, I would get it in Porcelain.
Overall, I was very impressed with this foundation. Super affordable for the price, long-wearing (I mean, not like 24 hour wear, but pretty long-wearing), with nice coverage. It doesn’t break up or cake up, and I think that it would be suitable for a lot of different skin types.
What is your favorite drugstore foundation? Be sure to follow on Bloglovin’ and Instagram.
I adore mascara. Whether my makeup look is subtle or glamorous, nothing polishes it off like mascara. I’ve never liked false lashes (they’re just too heavy and uncomfortable for me) and because my lashes are long already, I find that mascara flatters my eyes. There […]