I love bronzer, because it gives warmth and dimension to my fair skin. I wear bronzer most every day; it’s even more integral to my routine than blush. A matte bronzer can be used for all-over glow or contour and a bronzer with shimmer can […]
Tag: Summer Makeup
When did facial sprays start hitting the shelves? Cleansers, toners, eye creams, masks, and moisturizers have been around for as long as I can remember, but as far as I am concerned facial spray is brand new. Brand new and very enticing. Here’s the truth […]
With each passing day, winter is further behind us. The changing season requires a few changes to your makeup bag, like a darker shade of foundation for those of us who get tan. Summer makeup is all about a natural, radiant complexion. Here are my tips and tricks for re-vamping your makeup bag for summer.
- BB Cream/Tinted Moisturizer: Lazy days and summer heat call for a tinted moisturizer or BB cream (these two products are similar, whichever you prefer will work. I like the Neutrogena BB Cream and the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream). BB creams and tinted moisturizers lie somewhere between foundation and SPF: they are lightweight, they usually provide SPF, and they even your skin tone with light coverage. Add concealer, blush, and bronzer and you have a full summer face, or wear alone for a day at the beach. Either way, a BB cream or tinted moisturizer will feel fresh and lightweight in heat and humidity.
- Cream Blush: Instead of caking on powder, I like cream formulas in the summer months. Dab a little on your cheeks right on from the applicator with products like the Tarte Cheek Stains, blend with your fingers and you are good to go. A rosy glow is good for all seasons, and pinks and corals are great for a summer flush.
- Lip Gloss: ‘Tis the season for glossy lips. So back away from those matte plum lipsticks! Swipe on a gloss to amplify your natural lips for an easy summer kiss. I recommend priming your lips with chapstick before you gloss, though, to protect your lips from the sun. I love the Buxom lip polishes.
- Highlight: I advocate for highlighters all year round, because I always enjoy a nice glow. However, glowing skin is even more important for summer looks. Keeping with a cream formula like Benefit Watt’s Up! will maintain an extra dewy look, but a smooth powder formula like the Balm’s Mary Lou-Manizer will be just as beautiful.
- Bronzer: Bronzers are so versatile: they can be used as an eyeshadow, to contour, or simply to warm up your complexion. Apply to your cheeks and your forehead, near the hairline, to add color to your face. I like Hoola by Benefit because it gives a flattering bronze without orange undertones.
- Mascara: An easy summer look isn’t complete without long lashes. For a natural and beautiful look, Benefit’s Roller Lash curls and lengthens, so your eyes will look wide open and your lashes will look long and dark.